New Format for this season
Details to follow
The event is split up into two weekends, Division one and Premier.
Stage I: 19th and 20th January
Finals: 6th and 7th April
Stage I North:
· Fulwood Sports Club, 33 Chorley Rd, Sheffield S10 3RL
· Abbeydale Park Rackets and Fitness Club, Abbeydale Rd S, Sheffield S17 3LJ
· Hallamshire Tennis and Squash Club, 716 Ecclesall Rd, Sheffield S11 8TA
· Nottingham University Squash Club, Beeston Ln, Nottingham NG7 2RD
· Nottingham Park Squash Club, 4 Tattershall Dr, Nottingham NG7 1BX
· The Manor Health and Racquets Club, Manor Rd, Ilkeston DE7 8AT
A full copy of the regulations can be downloaded here.
Division One and Division Two have been merged.
Squash 57 championships to be confirmed at a later date.
· Stage I:
· Division one will be played out over one weekend, the 19th and 20th January, with the event being played in either a southern or northern venue
· The north will be played out in Sheffield and the south will be played out on the south coast
· Counties will be split into 8 groups of between 3 to 5 these groups will be split 4 north and 4 south and play out in their separate venues over the weekend
· The winner of each group will go into a promotion group to be played out at the premier finals weekend
· The premier divisions and promotion group will play out this weekend
· The event will take place in Nottingham over the weekend of the 6th and 7th April
· Both groups of counties will be played out in an 8 draw monrad format with the bottom two teams from premier division being demoted to division one and the top two from the promotion group being promoted to premier
· Two teams are promoted and relegated each season (where appropriate)
· Only those teams in the Premier Divisions can win each category
· Teams are made up of five players
· Both weekends will be played out as a best of 5 format
· The Championships are run by England Squash centrally
· Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams
· All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championship